I know I’ve been teasing you for over a week now, as to what that mega project I was involved in actually turned out to be. Welllllll, without further ado … they are birthday invites for my grand daughters 1st birthday!
My grand daughter has a security blanket which is a combination blanket and stuffed owl – she carries it with her everywhere. Actually, she has several of these just in case one is forgotten somewhere, misplaced, in the wash, whatever – we do not want our little darling to be in distress! Since Cam is so enamored with Owlie, her mom really wanted to do an owl theme for her birthday. I didn’t have to be asked twice to be in charge of the invites, I was truly excited to have the opportunity to play with my new 2-step Owl punch. Those that know me well, know I don’t think in “simple” mode. I also tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, am not happy leaving well enough alone. <sigh> So what should have been a quick and easy 26 invitations, turned out to be quite an ordeal – but here is the finished product:
This started out as bits and pieces of several other cards I had viewed online, then off in my own direction I went. The silliness kicked in when trying to figure out what wording we wanted on the front … I think my idea is rather self explanatory. <grin> I couldn’t find any current designer papers in Pretty In Pink that looked right on this card. My neighbor let me dig through her stash of retired papers and I found a few pieces that were perfect! I love the polka dot balloon, which is covered with crystal effects for more dimension; pink crochet thread added for the balloon string. The party hat is a small pennant shape cut from a scalloped square punched piece. Prior to punching and cutting, I lightly brayered Melon Mambo ink on the Square Lattice embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot – LOVE how the design turned out!
The invitation is a postcard style, this is the back. I designed it using the Stampin’ Up! My Digital Studio software. I honestly could not believe how quickly this portion came together.
After completing the graphics and text boxes, I selected all elements and copied/pasted this design three more times so I ended up with a total of four invitation sections per page. I then printed it on Pink Pirouette card stock and trimmed each quarter page to fit the back of the invite. No embellishments were added to this side. Since all the details were typed in the MDS program, all my daughter-in-law had to do when I turned these over to her was to put them into a stamped envelope and drop into the mail.
For my public blog posting, I did edit out all the personal info … am pretty sure my son will not be thrilled with me if you all show up on his doorstep. <grin>