Welcome to the Stampin’ Addicts Happy Holidays Blog Tour! This tour will take you through 20+ blogs, each showcasing different items debuting in the new Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini Catalog … available for purchase beginning September 1st.
I’m stop #8 along your journey. If you’ve been following the tour in order didn’t you just LOVE Holly’s gorgeous creations at Ink Paper Stamps! If you’re beginning the tour with me, don’t fret – the tour is a continuous circle so you can see all the wonderful and inspiring projects. Just follow the arrows at the bottom of my post. Without further ado here are the fun projects I’ve created featuring the new "to die for" Autumn Meadows DSP!
This paper SCREAMS fall to me, so my first project of course had to be Autumn themed with lots of leaves. I stamped the leaves with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint then embossed with clear powder – sponged leaves with Really Rust and Chocolate Chip inks and cut them out. Each leaf is stacked and mounted with dimensionals to achieve the layered look I was hoping for. I love how they sparkle!
Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Grateful Greetings
Paper: Really Rust, Taken With Teal, More Mustard, Autumn Meadows DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard
Accessories: Champagne Mist shimmer paint, ribbon, large grommet, clear EP, sponges, dimensionals
In my next project I tried very hard to think "outside of the box" (ok, so it was a very small box) ... a Christmas card using fall themed paper! I started with a piece of the blue chevron patterned paper (I think that's what the little wavy lines are called), stamped random flakes using the Serene Snowflakes set with white craft ink. Back to the new shimmer paints (don't ya just luv 'em!), stamped a design from the Delightful Decorations set using Platinum shimmer paint, punched it out with the new Ornament Punch - then layered it using the Holiday Windows Movers & Shapers. I did this twice (so it looks the same when you open the card) and sandwiched silver elastic cord between the layers. The inside of the card is another patterned piece from the Autumn Meadows DSP, felt it was perfect peeking through the window. This was my very first attempt at a suspension card, hope you are as happy with it as I am!
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Delightful Decorations, Four The Holidays
Paper: Very Vanilla, Taken With Teal, Chocolate Chip, Autumn Meadows DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, White craft
Accessories: Platinum Shimmer paint, Ornament Punch, Holiday Windows Movers & Shapers, Circle Scissors, silver elastic cord
For my final project I incorporated the remaining papers and made a set of cards with a cute little purse box to tuck them into. I came across this box template long ago (so long ago that I have no clue as to who/where) and altered the size to fit just a few cards. The main box is stamped with the Autumn Splendor set using Taken With Teal ink, covered the lid with a piece of Chocolate Chip large leaf patterned paper. Cute, cute, cute! I will post more details on this project later in the week.
I hope you enjoyed my projects with the new Autumn Meadows DSP, as much as I did creating them. Use the arrows below to continue on the tour and see what Lyssa has in store for you at Song of My Heart Stampers!
Links to all blog tour participants:
1. Tracy: Sweet Centers (Tracy’s Stamp Therapy)
2. Michelle: Grateful Greetings (Come Stamp with Me)
3. Sarah: Pumpkin Patch (Sarah’s Ink Spot)
4. Twila: Twick or Tweet (Stamp a Little Longer)
5. Sara: Haunting Hill & DSP (Lily’s Ink Pad)
6. Marie: Night & Day DSP (From Combat Boots…)
7. Holly: Autumn Splendor & Tablesetting Die (InkPaperStamps)
8. Joyce: Autumn Meadows DSP (Stampin’ Central)
9. Lyssa: Calendar Kit with Magnetic Box (Song of My Heart Stampers)
10. Trina: Gifts of the Earth (Stamps and Whiskers)
11. Kim: Wandering Words (Stitchin’ N Stampin’ on Paper)
12. Carmen: Cold & Cuddly (Stamping Addiction)
13. Ashley: Just Beclause & Christmas Cocoa DSP (Stamp with Ashley)
14. Dawnmarie: Berry Christmas (DM Dezigns)
15. Rhonda: Holy Family (The Stampin’ Bunny)
16. Kat: Delightful Decorations and Punch (Kat’s Kards)
17. Cheryl: Icicle and Merry & Bright Rub-Ons (Love to Stamp and Scrap)
18. Holly: Serene Snowflakes (Holly’s Stampin’ Mania)
19. Paula: Décor Elements & wood blocks (Stamping with Paula)
20. Linda: Charming (Olive Stamps)
21. Barbara: Simply Adorned (Creative Stampin’ Spot)
22. Yapha: Bear Bigz Die and clothes (Yapha Stamps)