Monday, October 26, 2009

Paper Scraps

I hate throwing away all those little scraps of paper I seem to create and it doesn't take long for my desk to become somewhat buried.  This weekend I decided to finally put them to good use!

What more perfect way to use them up than to make some birthday cards using Stampin' Up's new Sweet Centers stamp set.  These cards were my first attempt at this 3-D balloon ... it was a bit of trial and error to achieve the dimension I wanted.
 
Sweet Centers Birthday Balloon

Card Recipe: 
Stamps:  Sweet Centers, A Little Birthday Cheer
Paper:  Ruby Red Textured, Certainly Celery, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Happy B-Day SS
Ink:  Brocade Blue
Accessories:  Rhinestone brad, scallop circle punch, marker, dimensional

 

 


I was much happier with how this second card turned out.  Using four scallop circle punches instead of the three that were used on the first card seemed to make a huge difference.  I also popped the rhinestone gem out of the brad and glued it on the banner.

Sweet Centers Birthday Balloon II

Card Recipe:
Stamps:
Sweet Centers, A Little Birthday Cheer
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Happy B-day SS, Tea Party DSP
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Accessories: Rhinestone brad, marker, scallop circle punch, ticket corner punch, Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive, dimensionals



1 comments:

STAMPIN4TK said...

Super cute cards as always!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...