Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slump-buster

Need a card and have no idea where to start?  In one of those creative slumps?  Take a peek in your Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog, it's a wealth of wonderful inspiration at your fingertips!

On this card I used a layout from page 27 in the IBC, chose some of my fun new holiday toys to play with.  Do you see the tiny bit of shimmer on the Santa and reindeer image (ok, so you have to really squint to see it - the photo doesn't do it justice) ... just ink up your stamp with classic ink, then use a dauber and lightly dab with the new shimmer paint - I used Champagne Mist.  It really gives the card a sparkly glow!  The smaller snowflake (Merry Details sizzlet) was cut from Night of Navy cardstock, then sponged with more shimmer paint ... oh how I love this stuff!  If you're wondering, the background is just wadded up wax paper, which I smooshed in the ink pad and "stamped" it randomly in Brocade Blue and Night of Navy (saran wrap works well too).  I really like the results of this technique.

Shimmering Snowflake 
Card Recipe:
Stamps: 
Wandering Words
Paper:  Brocade Blue, Night Of Navy, Real Red
Ink:  Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Accessories:  Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Merry Details Sizzlit, Big Shot, Polka Dot Ribbon, brad, dimensional, sponge dauber, Scallop Edge punch



2 comments:

STAMPIN4TK said...

I was wondering how you made this card. I love the little bit of shimmer on the sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Holly @ InkPaperStamps said...

What a cool way to do the background--nice work, Joyce!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...