Saturday, October 30, 2010

Decorative Candles

Using your favorite rubber stamps is such an easy way to personalize those inexpensive plain white candles into a one-of-a-kind piece of  artwork.  I often turn to this technique when I’m looking for that perfect item for someone special who already seems to have everything.  I can choose images and color combos that fits into their home décor, making it a heartfelt gift that is definitely for them alone.

PA250009a

For this candle I used my current favorite Stampin’ Up! stamp set Just Believe.  To add a bit more interest to this solid image, I used markers to color in the flowers and stems before stamping.  I added a coordinating greeting card, masking off a horizon line and sponging in various hues of greens and blues.

PA290007a

I finished this gift by wrapping it in a clear cellophane bag and adding a quick gift tag and piece of ribbon.  Who wouldn’t love receiving (or giving!) this wonderful gift!

PROJECT RECIPE:

STAMPS:  Just Believe, En Francais, French Filigree
PAPERWhisper White, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist
INK:  Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
ACCESSORIESBasic Pearls, Taffeta Ribbon, sponges, dimensionals, XL Oval punch, Two Tags die, cellophane bag, tissue paper



4 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Great image to use on a candle!

Debra Burgin said...

What a perfect gift! The candle is beautiful by itself, but the entire ensemble is just wonderful!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Perfect gift! Beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love the card with it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...