Friday, January 28, 2011

Stampin’ Addicts 2011 Sale-A-Bration Hop


SAB_Blog_Hop_Banner

Welcome to Stampin’ Addicts Sale-a-Bration blog hop, I am the 4th stop along your journey.  There are 21 talented stampers on this tour, all are eagerly awaiting your arrival so they can share with you some of the wonderful products that you can earn for FREE during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-a-Bration promotion.  If you started at the beginning of the tour, you have just seen the bright and cheery creations Twila created using the fun Ice Cream Parlor Designer Paper & Quick Accents Pack.  If you are starting the tour with me, you can continue on to visit all participants by using the link at the end of my post.  If you get lost anywhere along the way don’t worry, you can find links to all the stops on the Stampin’ Addicts website. 

I was so excited when I saw the Digital Content CD offered in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  What a great way to have access to all the new stamps, Designer Papers, ribbon, buttons … well … EVERYTHING!  Did you see the Décor elements chalkboard piece on page 9 of the catalog?  Guess what?  With the digital CD, you are not limited to only hanging it on a wall and using chalk.   The individual elements are available on the CD as separate stamps!  sab journal a2

When I saw this I knew I was going to have fun with it.  I decided to make a cute journal, complete with lined paper inside.  In addition to the Chalkboard elements, I added paper, borders and an accent from the Ice Cream Parlor set; and a few buttons for good measure.  You may have noticed that the colors of my notebook are not as bright as those in the paper pack.  By creating this with the My Digital Studio software, I was able to lower the opacity and get lighter color tones.  I can also submit this to the printer through the software program and have it professionally printed as a hard-bound journal.  How fun is that!

While I was wandering around the software program, I stumbled on a template for a box and wanted to see what I could do with it.  sab box a2I decided to use the Sweet Summer set this time.  The cute border at the bottom of the box is once again from the Ice Cream Parlor Quick Accents.  When I was done with placing all my items where I wanted them, I printed it out.  The majority of the coloring was done with a blender pen, markers were used for the center of the flower blossoms and the bees.  A few strategically placed pieces of sticky tape and it turned into a beautiful little gift box!  sab box lid a2

Here’s a closer look at the larger flower on the lid of the box.  This was printed out on scraps of colored cardstock and the individual layers cut out.  I topped it with a glimmer brad, and surrounded it with lots of bling!

 

 

For my last project I decided to play with the Bliss stamp set and make a hybrid card.  Believe it or not, I do not yet have this stamp set in my possession … all images were created using the Digital Content CD!  It is one layer printed on Very Vanilla cardstock, which I trimmed and mounted to an Early Espresso card base.  I’ve found that one of the greatest perks of using the My Digital Software program is that you aren’t limited to using a stamp in just one size.  If you look closely at this card you will see that the background is the same stamp as the main image – just scaled much smaller.  I also lowered the opacity of the back panel so I could achieve a tone-on-tone designer paper look. 

sab bliss a2

Thanks for sitting with me and letting me share my creations with you.  I hope you enjoyed these projects as much as I did making them!  Follow the arrows below to continue on the tour.  Your next stop is Sarah’s Ink Spot, where Sarah is going to share her gorgeous creations using the Sweet Summer set (yes, I have peeked already!).


Previous_Button_Very_Small     Next_Button_Very_Small



33 comments:

Lisa Marie Naples said...

Cute projects.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh my goodness, how clever are you, Joyce?!?! THese projects are simply delightful! Too hard to pick a favorite. . . .

Tanya Boser said...

You did an amazing job with these projects! I so love everything you did here :) Now I need to go play some more with my MDS!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

All I can say Joyce is all of your time and headache paid off because your projects are gorgeous! I love them all.

Amy said...

Very, very beautiful! Wow! The Bliss card is my favorite I think. Everything is lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness!! You are fabulous. How creative. I can't pick a favorite. My MDS will not be neglected this weekend.

Yapha said...

Your projects are brilliant! I love how you used the "Notes" pieces on the notebook, and the box is fantastic!!

Linda said...

Joyce, lovely projects! I love your bliss card and how fun is that box! So cool! Like how the "Note" book turned out too! Great projects all around!

jengd said...

Your card is just stunning!

Cindy said...

How clever to scale down the image and opacity to make your coordinating DSP for the background! Love all your projects, but the Bliss card is really amazing.

Penny Geigner said...

Love your projects - isn't MDS the greatest? Those boxes are addicting and yours is absolutely lovely. TFS, Penny

Jen Timko said...

Each one is more amazing than the next! You completely rocked this SAB offering! You can also count on a CASE (if that is ok)!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing "hybrid" at it's best. I still tend to think either paper or digital but won't make that mistake now that I've seen these lovely projects!

Kandi said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Carmen said...

Joyce these are wonderful!! I love the blue card!! You know I didn't even know MDS had templates ... how cool is that?!?

Kate Stockman said...

This is my favorite set of the Sale a Bration stamps.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

You sold me! I was on the fence about the CD, but will definitely get it now. Super cute projects, and how kewl there's a template in there. Love the bliss hybrid card, and I really love the chalkboard thingy in there and what you did with it.

Sunflower Stamper said...

WOW!! Great job! Especially love the box!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Fabulous job Joyce!! What a great way to show the verastility of MDS. It's not just for scrapping after all. LOVE that box!!

Anonymous said...

I'm blown away! These are all so cool. Such great ways to sue the CD. I have to case that journal ! Thank you for sharing your creativity!
Kim
s1itcher46

Twila said...

Wow Joyce, Beautifully done. The box and journel are my favorites at this stop.

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Templates? Wow! You've definitely shown off this CD to the fullest! Beautiful projects!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wow...amazing job with the MDS option. I knew this was going to be "too cool for school" when I saw it in the SAB brochure!! Thanks for proving it!

Susie said...

Wonderfully creative. So pretty.
Susie
susies@twcny.rr.com

Susan said...

BEAUTIFUL creations! love the take out box :)
Susan

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Man! I love that you used the box template. I have yet to try it! Great use of MDS and the CD.

Heidi Baks said...

OMGosh, wonderful job! I can't wait until my CD comes next week to play! Did someone say box template?!?

Gail said...

Very creative!
Might have to put the Digi CD on my list!

Melissa said...

Very pretty, Joyce! I love what you've done with the digi elements!

Sarah said...

WOW Joyce - you've inspired me to go and use MDS right now - fabulous ideas :-)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful Joyce!!

Barbara Welch said...

Wonderful projects, thanks so much for sharing.

JulieA said...

Beautiful projects. You did a great job.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...