Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lots of Dots

Just messing around yesterday with my stamps, seems I've been procrastinating bigtime on starting my final swap project that is due next week (it has to be mailed on Monday!). A group I participate in had posted a color challenge for the week, thought I would try my hand at that first ... a lame attempt to get those creative juices flowing again. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

This color challenge inspiration came from a blanket (I think), the print was so gorgeous - colors were Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White. I've never thought about putting these colors together, but I really like the end result. The background was made with the polka dot background stamp from Stampin' Up!, I hand colored all those little dots to mix up the colors. Unfortunately the teal stamped more like the color eggplant. Oh well ...

Stamps: Simple Friendship, Polka Dot background

Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Elegant Eggplant

Ink: Taken With Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red

Accessories: scallop border punch, markers, scallop circle punch, 1 1/2" circle punch, circle scissors, pennant Bigz XL die, little dots texturz plate


2 comments:

STAMPIN4TK said...

Wow! I love that color combo. Great job as always.

michelle sturgeon said...

Great colour combo. I love all the dots!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...