Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dream, Dream, Dream

I fell in love with this stamp set the moment I saw it in the new catalog, but since it's arrival in my hot little hands I've drawn a complete blank.

The house was quiet yesterday so I took advantage and sat down to play ... decided to take a look at the Saturday Sketch Challenge at Stamping 411 for some (hopefully) inspiration.

I composed this a bit backwards, thought the caramel floral ribbon from the Masterpiece ribbon originals would be perfect with this image. From there I chose coordinating colors, backgrounds, etc. The most difficult choice was those teeny tiny embellishments in the corner - Yikes, what to do??? I tried using Chocolate Chip craft ink on some eyelets - after 3 hours they are still not dry. That's ok, I discovered pearls from the Pretties kit finished this project off perfectly! What do you think?

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Dream Gardens, Woodgrain, Medallion
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Circle Scissors, Masterpiece Ribbon Originals, Pretties pearls, dimensionals


7 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

OMG - this is totally AWESOME!! I love the medallion in the background and the great oriental images. Beautiful job!!
Kay

Tanja said...

This really is stunning! You made a work of art.

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, love your card it is so calming and so Asian! TFS... really gorgeous! hugs always!

STAMPIN4TK said...

Beautiful card,love everything about it!

Unknown said...

Amazing work on this card - it's stunning! So glad you decided to play along with the sketch this week - you've inspired me!

Judy D. said...

wow, that is beautiful!

Ali Manning said...

This is a beautiful card and now I'm in love with this set too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...