Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Christmas card that wasn’t

I had everything planned out well ahead of time, all paper cut and ready to go.  This card was not overly involved, should have been a quick and easy thing to get out in the mail.  Then all heck broke loose …..

First, I found I cut the top layers too small … went and recut it all, only to have my daughter (who is brilliant by the way!) ask me, “mom, why didn’t you just cut the lowers layer 1/8” smaller.  Not like anyone would have noticed”.  DUH!  Now why didn’t I think of that!  I put things off a little longer while I tackled some other holiday tasks, procrastination seems to be my middle name these days … then came down with the worst bug I have ever had in a long time.  It took me out of the game for close to 2 weeks, took my husband as well and now has a firm hold on my brilliant daughter.

PA020008I probably should put them all together anyway and be ahead of the game for next year … and hope I don’t lose them in the meantime.

PROJECT RECIPE:

Stamps:  Peaceful Season
Paper:  River Rock, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
Ink:  Always Artichoke
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Basic Pearls, Always Artichoke Seam Binding

 



5 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

lol Joyce the card is beautiful!!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful with the pearls. That's my problem too - be able to find them a year later!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I love the pearls and the seam binding. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Cindy said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! Maybe you can tuck them in on top of your Christmas decorations when you put them away, so next year they'll be staring you in the face when you get the decorations out. ;)

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Beautiful!! I would definitely put them all together and have them ready for next year. They are too pretty not to use. Love teh pearl accents.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...