Friday, December 17, 2010

Embossed Snowflakes

Arrrrrgh … the last few weeks before the holidays is NOT the time to be sick!  Whatever this bug is that has decided to take up permanent residence in the family, has successfully zapped every ounce of energy from my body (not that there was much there to begin with).  In a valiant attempt to get back to my blog (I’m sure ya’ll have missed me terribly!), I’m going to try to keep this short and sweet.

This is another card that was made at my holiday card stamp camp, inspired by many other creations I have seen.  I have this thing for snowflakes, just can’t seem to get enough of them.  When Stampin’ Up! released the Northern Flurry embossing folder, I swear my neighbors could hear me squeal with delight!

PA020009

The snowflakes are embossed on vellum cardstock.  The heavier weight of this paper didn’t shred during the embossing process and is still light enough to give the desired effect.  I added several of the new self adhesive rhinestones in various sizes to give it a touch of bling, along with a bow made with matching satin ribbon.  Did you notice the sentiment?  I love how the new Decorative Label punch layers with the Holiday Windows movers and shapers die – perfect!

PROJECT RECIPE

Stamps:  Snow Swirled, Serene Snowflakes, Northern Hearts
Paper:  Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, vellum cardstock
Ink:  Whisper White craft, Marina Mist
Accessories:  Northern Flurry embossing folder, Decorative Label punch, Holiday Windows movers & shapers, Big Shot, satin ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, dimensionals



6 comments:

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the embossed vellum and how you tore it!

Shelley Z said...

WOW! Love the torn edge on the vellum!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Joyce. Love the bling in the center of the snowflakes!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the embossing on the vellum. So very pretty!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the embossed vellum look, but sometimes hard to incorporate into the card. You did a great job!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the snowflakes in vellum. Very pretty card!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my humble little blog, your comments are truly appreciated!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...